Riveting or...drill, hammer, repeat. Part 6

Escutcheon Pins, Rivets,
and the Nail Set Tool
This is Part 6 of my series of blog posts about Riveting with a Nail Set tool. Please see Part 2 of my blog post series for general information and additional tips as well as Part 4 for how to use an Escutcheon pin or domed wire as your rivet.

Part 1 was about my two days of experimentation and practice with riveting; I worked on three different methods of using annealed, solid Brass Escutcheon pins as well as learning to use a Nail Set tool instead of a ball peen or riveting hammer as I was use to.


[IMAGE]
Escutcheon Pins, Rivets, and the Nail Set Tool

- Riveting with an Escutcheon Pin or with Wire you've domed an 'End' to form a Rivet Head.

- Parts of a Rivet: Head, Pin, End.  A cut piece of Wire has two Ends.

- Before Setting the Rivet: Cut the End to length and sand it flat. Place the Nail Set Tool, the Riveter, over the End, hammer it until well domed.

- During hammering the Head gets flattened against the anvil.

- After Setting: Lift the 'Riveter' for a finished Head.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pinned Post

Welcome to my new blog site.

I look forward to posting about my on going projects and research here. I would like to share with you links to my various online researc...